The Labor Day Weekend tradition of the Taste of Madison is nearly upon us, and here are a few reminders. PLEASE read each item carefully:
Saturday, September 2: 2:00pm-8:30pm and Sunday, September 3: 11:00 am-7:00pm
Farmers' Market has exclusivity until 1:30pm Saturday. NO RESTAURANT VEHICLES ON CAPITOL SQUARE!
- Taste vendors can begin setting up at 9:30pm on Friday night. Refrigerated trucks will be open Friday night starting at 9:00pm. Staff will be on-site until 11:00pm (trucks will be locked at this time). Security will be on the Square overnight.
- Vehicles must be off the Square by 3:30am Saturday.
- We provide volunteers in golf carts to assist with moving in on Saturday morning (not Friday or Sunday, as you can bring vehicles onto the Square) between 9:30am and 2pm.
- Please maintain your allotted space as marked by Event Staff. If you have an issue with your booth space – MAKE IT WORK! There is no way to change things once the layout has been done and people start to move in.
- Please do not take tables or equipment from other booths. If your booth is not equipped with the items you ordered, please contact Event Staff and they will arrange a drop-off of any missing items.
- Pellitteri Waste Systems will pick up trash from street corners at closing time on Saturday and Sunday. Please pull your tied-off trash bags to the Capitol side curb at the end of the event day.
- During event hours, take your trash directly to the dumpsters – not to the trash barrels in the street in front of your booth. Our clean-up crews are not responsible for the garbage generated at your booth.
- The Taste of Madison recycles. All restaurants are required to separate their recyclables from trash and take the recyclables to the appropriate dumpsters. See the enclosed map for dumpster locations.
- Restaurants using charcoal should dispose of their coals in silver trash barrels located near your booth. These barrels are for charcoal only - - not trash!!!
- Those who won pre-event judging will have their ribbons delivered to their booth sometime on Saturday morning.
- Best of the Taste and Spirit of the Taste judging will take place during the event. Patrons can vote online at Madison.com or TasteofMadison.com.
- “Best of Taste” is presented for the over-all best dish. “Spirit of Taste” is presented to the booth that provides the best decorations, customer service and all-around best experience for patrons.
Rentals & Equipment
- Do you need to rent equipment for this year’s event? A to Z RentAll is the preferred vendor of Taste of Madison. Call 608-222-5004or visit atozrentall.com for more information
- Restaurants are not required to tear down their rental tents during event clean-up. A to Z RentAll will break down and pack up all rented tents. Please break down your tables and stack them neatly.
- Madison Fire Department would prefer restaurants cooking with grease to put concrete board under grills/fryers. Restaurants that leave grease stains on the ground may be fined up to $250 by the city. You must provide your own concrete board and kitty litter for any grease spills. Home Depot sells both items.
- Grease barrels will be located behind your booth if you are cooking with grease. If you cannot locate your grease barrel, please ask Event Staff
- Bring a fire extinguisher, a broom, and your own trash can. Remember not to put your trash up against the buildings on the Square.
- We recommend bringing lights for Friday night set-up and end of day on Saturday.
- A participant pass is included with this mailing to provide vehicle access to the Square. This will help identify your delivery vehicles to security. Please use this pass only for temporary parking in order to unload/load items.
- Please remember you cannot have a vehicle on the Square after 3:30am Saturday & 10am Sunday.
- Restaurants are not allowed to park within the surrounding block of the Square.
- NEW! You may begin serving right at 2pm on Saturday and 11am on Sunday – you do NOT need to wait for the Health Dept to issue your permit (as you’ve already been issued one!).
- The Health Dept will be on-site Saturday between 12-4 making sure everyone is in compliance with their permits (2-3 on Sunday to follow up with any Saturday issues).
- Trucks open Friday 9pm and are locked for the night at 11pm. Trucks will be unlocked at 8am each morning and locked an hour after event close.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please label all food clearly with your restaurant name.
- Do not store food within 6’ of the roll up door.
- The Health Dept recommends that perishable foods only be kept in the trucks for that day of service and things like raw meat should be stored in insulated coolers within the trucks.
- Power is not available on Friday or overnight Saturday.
- Do not plug in until Aggreko Power gives you the go‑ahead on Saturday morning. Please be patient with this process on Saturday morning, Aggreko is working as fast as they can to get us up and running.
- Power ON hours:
- Vendors are responsible for their own ice and water. We do not bring extra to the event for you to purchase.
- Please dump waste water in the waste water bins located near each set of portapotties.
- Please view what you ordered here - and view the location of where you need to check out your 20# tanks
- Booths 1-20, 85-87: Propane 1 (Carroll St at State St (next to Veterans Museum)
- Booths 21-43: Propane 2 (Main St. near King St (in front of Walgreens windows)
- Booths 44-54: Propane 3 (Pinckney St. at E. Washington Ave (in front of US Bank windows)
- Booths 55-66: Propane 4 (Pinckney St. at Mifflin St. (next to YWCA))
- Booths 67-84: Propane 5 (10 W Mifflin St (in front of Town Bank)
- If you need a regulator or hose assembly, or need Ferrellgas to visit your booth - please let me know ASAP.
- 20# tanks can be checked out by any staff member, 100# tanks will be delivered to you.